If you’re thinking of kicking off a career as an indie author, or have already started down that road, listening to Podcast number 4 might save you a lot of time, money and effort as you move forward. Mark and James focus on key elements that are worth getting right at the start of your adventure. Mailing lists, websites, social media presence, company set-up, copyright and using pro services are just some of the topics covered.
- Action #1: Build your mailing list. What services to use to do this, Advanced Reader Teams.
- Action #2: Have a website. Your space on the internet, affiliate income, tracking the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Action #3: Social media presence. Focusing on one or two platforms, the ease of setting up a Facebook profile and page and why they matter.
- Action #4: Setting up a limited company for your author income. Assume you’re going to be successful, the life of your copyrighted books.
- Action #5: Be professional. Hiring editors, proofreaders, cover designers. The pace of change and not getting caught up in fads.
Download TranscriptLeave a Review