SPF-048: Get Subscribers For Your Mailing List Using InstaFreebie – with Ashley Durrer
How can you get subscribers for your list? That’s what we’ve been talking about on the last few episodes of The Self Publishing Formula and this episode features a new promotional platform – InstaFreebie – as well as Mark’s ideas about how to use it in partnerships with other authors to build your list and quickly snaffle new subscribers.
Newsletter swaps with other authors.
On this episode of the podcast, Mark shares an idea he’s implemented a few times with a good deal of success. Authors can begin to build relationships with other authors writing in the same genre. Together they can use their respective email lists to share each other’s books and make them available through opt-ins. When combined with a tool like InstaFreebie – highlighted on this episode – subscriptions can sky rocket. You can hear how Mark has seen it work, in this episode.
Get to know authors in your genre.
Every self-published author struggles to build their subscriber list and sell books. But it can be easier if authors learn to work together – especially when those authors write in the same genre. Imagine what might happen if you are able to use your list of 500 subscribers to promote another author’s free book offer – and they use a list of their own to promote yours. You have a “warm” audience that is very likely to take a look at your book after a recommendation from an author they already trust. It’s a win-win situation.
Getting more subscribers to your email list just got easier.
Our guest on this episode of the podcast is Ashley Durrer of InstaFreebie. The platform helps authors choose how many eBooks they want to give away in return for some serious list-building. Using the InstaFreebie platform, readers are given the opportunity to opt in to your mailing list at the point of book delivery. As Mark has discovered, the service has the ability to give authors some real traction with regard to boosting those all-important mailing lists.
For around $20 per month, you could get thousands of subscribers to your email list.
InstaFreebie is a new way to promote your books through giveaways – and it’s a very reasonable investment when you calculate the cost-per-subscriber. For pennies, you can potentially get thousands of new subscribers to your list and be set up to promote your next book or special offers to many more subscribers than you have now. On this episode, Mark chats with Ashley Durrer of InstaFreebie about how the service has become an essential tool for many indie authors.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:33] James and Mark’s introduction to this episode of the podcast.
- [5:30] Update on Mark’s latest BookBub promotion.
- [7:30] Using Newsletter swaps with other others.
- [12:31] How you can find good Newsletter swap buddies.
- [13:40] What is InstaFreebie and how can it be used to build your list?
- [16:52] The reasonable cost of InstaFreebie.
- [20:40] How InstaFreebie helps authors connect with readers and other authors.
- [23:10] What Ashley recommends for authors who only have one book.
- [25:50] How the platform works and why it’s so helpful.
- [29:10] Why InstaFreebie is comparable in terms of cost.
- [30:38] How authors can work together using the platform.
- [33:57] The SPF efforts to build a way for authors to get more subscribers.