SPS-155: Mailing Lists: The Necessity of Newsletters – with Erica Ridley
Regency romance author Erica Ridley shares her top tips and strategies for engaging with readers and building a community of fans via a newsletter list.
This week’s highlights include:
- Upcoming 2019 conferences where Self-Publishing Show will have a presence
- Why having a newsletter list is important for authors
- Tips for customizing emails based on reader store preference
- Recommendations for newsletter services
- Tips on automated email sequences and wording that’s attractive to readers
- Advanced tips about using tags in automation
- Providing a media kit for interested reviewers at launch time
- Why unsubscribes are good for authors
Resources mentioned in this episode:
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Show’s Patreon page
Grab Your SPF Freebies!
Sign up to receive your SPF starter package, which includes a free 3 part video series on getting started with FB ads, and inspirational and educational weekly emails.