SPF-007: Live from the London Book Fair 2016, Part 1 – With Mark Dawson and James Blatch
The SPF Team hit the London Book Fair earlier this week and managed to catch up with a wide variety of Self Pub folk – from bestsellers Mel Sherratt and Rachel Abbott, exciting up and coming authors, (including a Hollywood screenwriter), as well as indie publishers, bloggers and key figures in the digital publishing world. In the first of two special LBF episodes, expect innumerable insider author tips and the lowdown on the current state of play in the pioneering world of self publishing.
- Why self-published authors go to London Book Fair (LBF).
- How Rachel Abbott sold two million books.
- The boost Mel Sherratt got when she had more books to sell.
- The focus successful authors place on marketing and why each author should define their own idea of success.
- On experimenting with marketing if it’s not working, and why building a mailing list matters. “The most important readers are the ones you’ve already got.”
- Kobo’s strategy for supporting indie authors, and desire to collaborate with indie authors.
- Advice for new authors from Mark Lefebvre of Kobo on writing your next book, thinking globally, and pricing strategies.
- The Pigeon Hole and the serialization of novels.
- Podcaster Ani Alexander on getting books written and publishing advice for new authors.
- Screenwriter and TV & Film Producer Paul Pender on the attraction of self-publishing.
You can win a scholarship to Mark Dawson’s acclaimed premium course “Facebook Ads for Authors” by spreading the word about this podcast.
Visit selfpublishingformula.com/contest to enter.