SPF-145: Using Facebook Ads to Snare a Niche Audience – with Octavia Randolph
Octavia Randolph is the definition of steely author grit and determination. She shares with James her very early start at independent authorship and how advertising has positively impacted her author life, enabling her to live the life she’d long dreamed of.
This week’s highlights include:
- How Octavia found her audience via her website a decade before indie authorship was possible
- Nurturing a niche audience that is different than some larger readerships
- On audiobooks and their importance as a source of income
- The importance of authentic research in Octavia’s books
- On an international move to live where her books are set
- The importance of word-of-mouth marketing
- The surprising cross-section of readers Octavia discovered
- The advantages of Facebook groups vs. pages
- On the need for constant experimentation with ads
Resources mentioned in this episode:
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Podcast’s Patreon page
ADS FOR AUTHORS: SPF’s flagship course opened for enrollment for a limited time this week.
NANOWRIMO 2018: If you’re doing NaNoWriMo this year, you are invited to join the SPF NaNoWriMo support group