SPF-122: The Self Publishing Retirement Windfall – with David Penny
Retiree David Penny talks about his return to writing after a thirty-five year hiatus and shares his strategy for making a mid-five-figures per year income from his very niche historical mysteries.
This week’s highlights include:
- Getting back to writing after a decades long absence
- Writing what we love to read
- Being our own best audience
- Making a good living writing and selling books
- Focusing on one niche so that targeting becomes easier
- The importance of a lookalike audience
Resources mentioned in this episode:
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Podcast’s Patreon page
ADS FOR AUTHORS COURSE: The Ads for Authors course is open again for a short enrollment window.
AUTHOR SUPPORT: The Alliance of Independent Authors