Novelist, screenwriter and playwright Paul FitzSimons talks to James about his writing career so far, including adapting screenplays and producing independent films.
This week’s highlights include:
- The winding path of Paul’s screenwriting and writing for television
- Financing an independent film
- Dealing with rejection from trad publishers
- The skills necessary to transition from writing books to writing for the screen
- Being creative while following screenwriting rules
- Writing well-developed characters for the screen
- Enjoying the interpretation of your words by others in the creative filmmaking team
- The pitfalls of adapting a novel for the screen
Resources mentioned in this episode:
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Podcast’s Patreon page
WORKSHEET AND COUPON: Paul has prepared a worksheet on screenwriting which you can access here. This includes a coupon code for his ‘Screenwriting From Your Sofa’ course.
Our Ads for Authors course is still open for business here.
FREE LIVE SPF WEBINAR! on Monday 18th June – Mark explains how to use Facebook ads to build your list and boost book sales. Spots are limited but you can sign up for it here.