SPF-001: Best selling Indie Author Interview – With Joanna Penn
It’s the first full edition of the Self Publishing Formula Podcast! In this episode, bestselling indie author Joanna Penn of The Creative Penn fame talks mistakes, mishaps and triumphs in Self Publishing. She also reflects on the immense changes that have taken place in the industry since her first book was published and provides tips and advice for those starting out on their indie author journey.
- Mark’s new system of tracking his writing progress and a new sound tool he’s using that has increased his word count.
- A quick reflection on the state of the indie author nation and the latest Author Earnings Report.
- On the changes in the publishing industry that Joanna has witnessed since 2008 when she published her first book.
- The importance of authors ‘getting their names into people’s heads’.
- The questions authors should ask themselves in order to choose the publishing path that suits them best.
- Joanna’s predictions about the future of indie publishing and her thoughts on hot trends in indie publishing.
- What has changed for Joanna since she started writing and publishing, and the advice she would give herself when she was just starting out.
- The business of non-fiction books vs. fiction.