SPS-162: Writing to Market: Using Big Data to Find Your Niche – with Alex Newton
Alex Newton has always had a passion for data. He’s using his data superpowers now to help authors discover marketable and profitable niches that might not be obvious to the casual observer
This week’s highlights include:
- Turning big data into useful information
- On how the supply of ebooks is growing – but so is the demand, contrary to what trad publishers would have us believe
- The differences in supply and demand by genre
- Alex’s aim to help author make better and faster publishing decisions with K-lytics
- On the market share that indie authors currently possess
- How small, poor-selling categories can help an author
- Cautionary advice about following trends too closely
- Join some of the SPF team at London Book Fair next week
Resources mentioned in this episode:
BONUS CONTENT: Free sample report from Alex and K-Lytics
SPF 101: The 101 course is open for enrollment for a limited time.
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Show’s Patreon page
Grab Your SPF Freebies!
Sign up to receive your SPF starter package, which includes a free 3 part video series on getting started with FB ads, and inspirational and educational weekly emails.