SPF-147: The Million Dollar Indie Author – with Shayne Silvers
Urban fantasy author Shayne Silvers shares the book writing and marketing strategies he’s used that have turned him from a banker into a seven-figure author.
This week’s highlights include:
- Mark and James on the importance of adaptation given the recent changes to Also Boughts at Amazon
- Scaling ad spend up rationally and in a measured way
- The very hard work it takes to build an author career
- Choosing a genre based on what we read
- How Shayne separates his writing time from his marketing time
- Segmenting a mailing list based on reader interests and response to ads
- What happens when your fans create a convention for you?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Podcast’s Patreon page
ADS FOR AUTHORS: SPF’s flagship course is open for enrollment for a limited time.
FREE SPF AMAZON ADS WEBINAR: Listen / watch the replay from Wednesday’s webinar.