SPF-111: BookLab – with David F. Berens
In this first episode of the BookLab, author David Berens gets professional feedback on his cover, book blurb and Look Inside content from industry experts (and SPF friends) cover designer Stuart Bache, copywriter Bryan Cohen, and editor Jenny Parrott.
This week’s highlights include:
- Suggestions from cover designer Stuart Bache about font, colour, author name placement and prominence
- Tips from Bryan Cohen about the book blurb, including focusing on the main genre first.
- Also the importance of looking at the book’s plot and central conflict for a catchy blurb
- Editorial suggestions from Jenny Parrot about the importance of the opening scene of a book
- Remembering to populate your author bio on Amazon in the different territories (UK, US, etc.)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
FREE DOWNLOAD: Here’s the companion PDF of this episode
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Podcast’s Patreon page
TRAINING: SPF 101 Course enrollment window extended to March 28. Learn more.
COVER DESIGN TRAINING: Don’t forget the cover design training course with Stuart Bache is still available here.