SPF-100: Making Every Second Count – Time Management Tips for Authors with Kitty Bucholtz
As Kitty Bucholtz followed her husband around the globe, and dealt with increasing interruptions to her writing life as a result, she had to learn effective and easy-to-implement time management skills in order to get her books written. Today she shares with James her top tips for making the most of whatever time you have to write.
This week’s highlights include:
- The challenges that promoted Kitty to ask how to get work done in a chaotic, mobile life
- Figuring out what normally derails your plans to write
- The importance of written lists
- Planning for the year ahead in steps
- Where does spontaneity fit in with planning?
- Managing our expectations about what we can get done
- Planning for time off
Resources mentioned in this episode:
SPF FOUNDATION: Click here to learn more
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Podcast’s Patreon page
TIME MANAGEMENT HANDOUT: A complimentary handout from Kitty, which includes a voucher for savings on her January 2018 course
JAMES BLATCH, INTERVIEWED: James is featured on Paul Tigg’s podcast, Self-Publishing Journeys