Getting ready to launch a self-published book? You’ll definitely want to listen to this Book Launch edition of the podcast. Last week saw Mark release John Milton’s latest adventure, ‘Blackout’. It turned out to be his most successful book launch ever. Find out how Mark fine-tuned his book launch process and secured 10,000 sales for ‘Blackout’ in its first week on the market.
The story of a book launch
Mark explains the importance of feedback using advance reader teams and describes what kinds of ads and book pricing worked for him. He also details how he had to face up and deal with some unforeseen problems. These ‘facepalm’ moments will help others learn from Mark’s experience.
The best places to advertise during your book launch
Mark has three favorite advertising platforms. Tune in to find out what they are and how he uses them during his book launch to exponentially grow his audience. Learn how he used his lists to gain visibility and increase sales.
The best form of marketing – Write another book!
Want to increase your visibility and increase your book sales? Listen to this episode to find out how writing another book can be your best marketing tool! Along with lots of other great marketing advice, Mark talks about how your new book can generate more sales for the books you already have out in the market.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:17] Welcome to the podcast!
- [2:12] Intro to this episode about Mark Dawson’s most successful book launch ever.
- [5:04] Mark shares the process of his book launch.
- [14:19] What about pre-orders and ranking?
- [17:16] Ways to get responses from more of your audience.
- [21:07] The best places to advertise your book launch.
- [26:57] Book launch mistakes to avoid.
- [31:56] Increasing visibility.
- [35:39] The best form of marketing – write another book!
- [36:46] Mark’s publication plans. Congrats to Adam Croft, alumni.
- [39:03] Final comments — looking to the future of the podcast.
Resources & Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Book Report
- ‘Blackout’ John Milton #10
- Adam Croft (Thomas & Mercer – Amazon imprint)