It’s been on the slate ever since The Self Publishing Formula came to be: to create an easy to access course that indie authors could use to have the myriad of options and processes involved in launching or sustaining a successful author careers explained to them in plain English and easy-to-follow tutorials by someone who’s been there and done it. After months of painstaking research, writing, recording, editing and multiple revisions, that course – Mark Dawson’s Self Publishing 101 – is now available for a limited period. Pre-launch beta testers and early adopters are buzzing with excitement about it and you’ll hear – and see if you watch our podcast on YouTube – their enthusiastic feedback for yourself on this episode of the podcast.
Who is this publishing 101 course ideal for?
With a name like “Self Publishing 101,” you might think that the most basic steps about writing, formatting and publishing a book yourself are what’s covered. And you’d be right. But this particular course doesn’t stop there. Mark and the team have included steps for helping you establish yourself as an author brand, how to find your audience, how to use social media effectively to promote yourself and your books, how to gather emails and build a list of rabid fans. And the list goes on and on. Tune in to learn more about the exciting, jam-packed course curriculum.
They told me I didn’t need the course because of my experience. They were wrong.
One of our beta testers for the Self Publishing 101 course is a woman who’s been writing and publishing her own books for many years. Her writer friends decried her use of the course telling her she’d be wasting her time. But what she discovered was the same thing that is true of many experienced authors: the platform on which she had built her career was shaky. Through the course, she’s now been able to make some major refinements and tweaks to the way she operates as an indie author. You can hear more about her reaction – and why she thinks the course is woefully underpriced – in this episode.
When a self-publishing course is not just a self-publishing course.
It’s one thing to include the basics of how to write, format, and publish a book on your own in a self publishing 101 course. It’s an additional step to take you into the brand building and fan attraction machines that every successful author needs to master. It’s even more valuable when the course provides tangible examples of the resources and tools you can use to make your life as an author and entrepreneur easier. But with access to a large supportive community of fellow authors coming as part of the package, the team at SPF are convinced that they’re close to achieving their main aim with Self-Publishing 101: to make it the gold standard course in its sector. But they’re not alone in thinking that as you’ll hear from the guests on this week’s show.
The best pricing on the Self Publishing 101 Course is NOW.
The SPF team has created the Self Publishing 101 course and it’s AVAILABLE NOW for a very limited period (until 14th December at the latest). The current price is $397 as a one-off purchase or by way of 12 monthly instalments of $39. Whilst SPF are planning a second launch sometime well into 2017, they can guarantee that it will never be available again at this starter price. Purchasing the course provides you with lifetime access to the course, the associated communities and a host of VIP bonuses (that are worth more than the price of the course). Future updates to the course will also be free. So for $400 you’ll be getting a proven, long-lasting, evergreen set of instructional materials that will add rocket fuel to your self-publishing career. No wonder the guests on today’s show are so excited!
Outline of This Episode
- [0:21] James’ introduction to the group today, Mark, John, and James.
- [1:10] The overview of this episode: The 101 Course unpacked.
- [2:38] Mark’s thoughts about the way the course has turned out.
- [5:12] The response from the online course community.
- [6:50] Who this course is ideal for.
- [11:06] Beta tester testimonials and feedback for the course.
- [12:30] “I didn’t expect it to be as comprehensive as it is” ~ a beta tester.
- [16:30] “a very compact DIY kit for self publishing.” ~ beta tester
- [18:40] How this publishing 101 course cuts your learning curve down.
- [20:13] The pricing of the course – and why it’s at its lowest price ever right now..
- [23:00] The interactive groups and support associated with the course.
- [27:05] “It really does guide you through the steps you need to take…” ~ beta tester.
- [28:21] “It’s not just the individual areas that are helpful, it’s the depth in which they are addressed.” ~ beta tester.
- [29:55] “Mark is teaching me how to swim through the shark-infested waters of self publishing.” ~ beta tester.
- [30:52] “I had quite a few people tell me that I didn’t need the course, but that’s proven not to be true… I had built the house but my foundation was shaky.” ~ beta tester.
- [32:00] “This course covers it all.” ~ beta tester.
- [34:12] “For $400 it’s an absolute steal!” ~ beta tester
- [35:50] “If you don’t know it and you can’t find it in this course, it doesn’t exist.” ~ beta tester
- [38:16] The refund on the Self Publishing 101 course is always available – and once you buy it, it’s yours for life and will be updated as things change.
Resources & Links Mentioned In This Episode