SPF-003: Interview with Hybrid Author Marie Force
In podcast number 3, Mark and James are joined by the sensational Marie Force. Marie has developed a seven figure publishing operation with a mix of both self publishing and traditional publishing deals. They discuss her marketing tips as well as Marie’s advice to authors setting out to build a platform for better sales. They also discuss her unique approach to reader relationships which involve annual gatherings in her native Rhode Island.
- In the introduction Mark talks about the ways he uses Scrivener writing software, and about his latest book launch.
- Marie Force shares the strategy she had from the beginning of her writing career of connecting with her readers and staying in touch with them.
- On the genesis of Marie’s Reader Weekends and the events that take place at this annual gathering.
- Also the ROI that Marie gets from the event.
- Marie’s beginnings as a writer and her early struggles with frustration, and her progress from there to running a multi-million dollar author business with several employees.
- On Marie’s writing process and production, her monthly word count and the tools she uses.
- Marie’s thoughts on working with a traditional publisher.
- The marketing strategies that are most successful for Marie, including TV advertising.
- The one piece of advice Marie would give new authors.
- On genre specific covers, and learning new lessons all the time.
- Why a long-term outlook matters to indie authors who want to build careers.