SPF-054: Inside Amazon – with Darren Hardy, Amazon KDP
Darren Hardy is the manager of Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), the organisation that’s changed the lives of thousands of indie authors across the globe. With some twenty years in the business, he’s played a key role – and had a unique view of – the digital publishing revolution.
As you’ll hear, he’s still impassioned about his work at KDP. That’s in part to the organisation’s constant focus on innovation for their authors and readers (there are some great examples of that in this episode). Darren also delivers some practical tips for new authors on how to ensure a smooth start to their self publishing journey – and how to pique the interest of Amazon. Whether you’re an established indie author or just starting out, you’re going to find this episode both fascinating and useful.
Notes for this episode:
* Darren’s beginnings with Amazon and his move into KDP.
* How Amazon has changed since Darren joined the team.
* How Amazon keeps its culture of innovation going.
* On whether Amazon’s customer is the reader or the writer.
* Recent innovations include Kindle Direct Publishing for paperback.
* On whether the perception about self-publishing has changed.
* How are information about self-publishing has spread…or not.
* Darren’s thoughts on how new authors should publish.
* Errors to avoid in self-publishing.
* How authors can get Amazon’s attention.
Resources and links mentioned this episode: