SPS-150: The Million Dollar Year – with Mark Dawson
To celebrate episode 150, and the rebranding of the Self Publishing Formula Podcast to The Self Publishing Show, bestseller Mark Dawson shares his author story from humble beginnings on a dot matrix printer to 7 figure author.
This week’s highlights include:
- On Mark’s slightly bumpy start as an author
- Learning lessons from unsatisfactory traditional publishing experiences
- On the blend of motivations that led to writing about John Milton
- On writing in a niche that a publisher might reject
- The growing world of online book sales
- Learning from podcasts about the indie publishing world
- Understanding the flow of a reader through to a mailing list sign-up
Resources mentioned in this episode:
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Show’s Patreon page
Grab Your SPF Freebies!
Sign up to receive your SPF starter package, which includes a free 3 part video series on getting started with FB ads, and inspirational and educational weekly emails.