SPF-144: From Teacher to Student to Bestselling Indie Author – with Jean Grainger
Jean Grainger talks about taking the leap to being a full-time author; the discipline required, the rewards for the hard work, and the connections she’s made with her reader community.
This week’s highlights include:
- On Mark’s foray into dictating his first draft rather than typing it
- Jean Grainger on learning from initial mistakes in writing and self-publishing
- Fitting books into the correct genre
- The terror involved in making the leap to full-time writer
- On running up to 300 AMS ads at a time
- Key moments in growing book income
- Getting over tech phobia in order to succeed
- The challenges of pantsing and then revising the book
- Having a book turned into a play
Resources mentioned in this episode:
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Podcast’s Patreon page
ADS FOR AUTHORS: SPF’s flagship course will open again in early November.