SPF-117: GDPR – What All Authors Need to Know – with Gemma Gibbs
With changes coming on May 25, 2018 to the European Union’s laws on data protection, Team SPF talk to lawyer Gemma Gibbs and gets advice for how authors can ensure compliance with these new regulations.
This week’s highlights include:
- The purpose of the GDPR
- Changes authors will have to make to their mailing lists to be compliant with GDPR
- Should you now ask permission from your list to email them?
- Additional wording for a landing page to keep authors compliant with GDPR
- How issues can be raised for those who are in breach of the GDPR
- Who is affected by this new legislation
- Examples of landing page language; what is compliant and what isn’t
- A summary of 4 GDPR best practices
Resources mentioned in this episode:
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Podcast’s Patreon page
SPF RESOURCES: The GPDR information sheets SPF has put together.